Ever wanted to share a product you found online instantly with just a few trusted friends but the only
way to do it would be broadcast it publicly through your social networks or to email individual friends
the link and then call them to discuss it?
Lutebox is set to change all that by introducing "Shoptalk", the easiest and fastest way to
instantly share products with family and friends while sending them quick "push-to-talk" voice chats.
We let users simultaneously share products and chat with the people that matter most while shopping
online using our website or bookmarklet and in-store using our mobile apps. Say you're shopping
online and find a shirt you want to buy, but want your best friends' advice. With Lutebox, simply click
Shoptalk on the product, add your friends and just like a walkie-talkie, click push to talk and
leave them a quick private voice message. They'll see the product instantly and respond, giving you
the feedback you need to make the
best purchase decision. Best of all, we save the conversation
products you want to buy!
Not only can you shop our platform of millions of products from the
top retailers in the world, but using
our bookmarklet you can
Shoptalk around any product you find online from any
We'd love to hear from you so feel free to get in touch here. If you're a
retailer, publisher or blogger
and would like to embed our "Shoptalk"
button on your website to increase your visitors' social
your products then click here to find out more.
TERMS & CONDITIONSDate of Last Revision: October 24, 2012.
and share Lutebox and how we collect and can use your information.
2. Information About Us
By "Lutebox" we mean the features and services we make available, including through our website at www.lutebox.com and
any other Lutebox branded or co-branded websites.
Lutebox is operated by Lutebox Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07504450 and have our
registered office at 33 Queen Street, City of London. London EC4R 1AP, Unit Kindom
3. Moderation and Minors
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) when they use Lutebox, and we will
decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those
risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate Lutebox (including real time communication
with other users described further in section 12), and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from
the use of Lutebox in contravention of our content standards, whether moderated or not.
The use of any of Lutebox by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian which must be given in the form of
a letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to our registered office. We advise parents or guardians who permit
their children to use Lutebox that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as
moderation is not fool-proof. We may implement parental controls in future releases of Lutebox, but minors who are using any
part of the website should be made aware of the potential risks to them by their parent or guardian.
Where we do moderate Lutebox, we will normally provide you with a means of directly contacting the moderator, should
a concern or difficulty arise.
4. The Site
We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to any Content, products or services sold on or through
You are permitted to access to Lutebox on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend Lutebox without
notice. We will not be liable if for any reason Lutebox is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We take no responsibility for any disruption, interruption or delay caused to the service by any items over which we have no
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Lutebox. You are also responsible for ensuring
that all persons who access Lutebox through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Some of the functionality and services available to you via Lutebox are provided by third party partners and you may be required
to register an account with that party to use all the functionality or services of Lutebox. Although we have carefully chosen our
partners, you should fully review any additional terms and conditions or privacy and cookies policy which you may be required
to consent to when you register an account with that party. Please note that we are not responsible for the contents of such terms
or privacy and cookies policy, or our partners performance towards you (such as affiliates and merchants).
As a condition of us (and/or our partners) providing Lutebox and services available on it to you, you confirm that you will use
Lutebox and the services available for your personal, non-commercial use only.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
There are two types of material on Lutebox: (1) material of which we are the owner or the licensee of; and (2) user submitted
material which is submitted in accordance with these terms.
We own all intellectual property rights in Lutebox which is not user submitted content. These works are protected by copyright
laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Lutebox for your personal reference and private
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on Lutebox must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on Lutebox (including without limitation any illustrations, photographs, video or
audio materials) for any purpose other than your own personal and non-commercial use only without obtaining a licence to do
so from us or our licensors in writing.
With respect to user submitted material, no representation or warranty is made by us in respect of that content. You may only
submit content to the site which you are entitled to do, and you should carefully note the contents of sections 6 and 7 below.
6. Sharing Content
This section sets out what happens whenever you upload, edit, modify, adapt or submit material or information to Lutebox,
or make contact through Lutebox with other users of Lutebox (any of which is a "Contribution").
You own your Contributions which you can control how they are shared through your account settings.
You grant Lutebox a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use,
copy, disclose and sell your Contributions for any purpose. When you delete a Contribution we will stop sharing that Contribution
with others, however those third parties who have already received Contributions may continue to use them.
When you delete a Contribution, it is marked so that is not visible to any users of Lutebox, however may not be deleted until later,
much like emptying the recycle bin on a computer. The Contribution may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Contribution constitutes a violation of
their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Lutebox, but you understand that we may use them without
any obligation to compensate or attribute you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
7. Safety and Standards
We do our best to keep Lutebox safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following
commitments when using Lutebox or creating a Contribution or using Lutebox:
8. Registration and Account Security
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on Lutebox.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Lutebox, using automated means (such as harvesting
bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Lutebox.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not engage in any activity or post information that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or
contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not offer any promotions to other users on Lutebox without our prior written consent.
- You will not use invalid or forged headers to disguise the origin of any Contribution, or otherwise misrepresenting the
yourself or the source of any Contribution;
- You will not use Lutebox to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, discriminatory or for any commercial purpose.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Lutebox, such as a denial of
- You will not remove any proprietary notices or labels on Content.
- You may not attempt to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any digital rights management system used
as part of Lutebox.
Lutebox users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments
you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
9. Protecting Other People's Rights
- You will not provide any false personal information on Lutebox, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without
- You will not impersonate or attempt to impersonate Lutebox or a Lutebox employee, administrator or moderator, or another
user of Lutebox.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your any commercial purpose (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security
of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as
when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
10. Copyright Infringement Notice and Take Down Policy
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not take any action on Lutebox that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Lutebox if we believe that it violates these terms.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide
you with an opportunity to appeal.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including but not limited to Lutebox, Lutestore, Lutebank, Lutemart, Lutes,
Lute, Uplute, Downlute, LTBX and LB), or any Lute- extension or confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that material made available to you on Lutebox has been cleared for use.
However if you believe that there is material on Lutebox which you have certain intellectual property rights in and to which you
have not granted permission to be used, then you should notify us as detailed below.
A notice of alleged copyright infringement should be sent to our designated copyright agent at the Lutebox registered company
address detailed above in section 2.
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
Your notification of claimed copyright infringement must be addressed to our copyright agent and you should include the following
11. Disputes and Unauthorised Transactions
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the copyright that
is allegedly infringed;
- Specific identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed so that we may identify the work on Lutebox;
- A description of where the material believed to be infringed is located on Lutebox including URL to help us identify the
material you are alleging is infringed;
- Your contact information, including your complete name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may
contact you in respect of your claim;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of is not
authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, (and that we can rely on such statement in a court of law),
that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly.
12. Content Access and Consumption
- If you believe that an unauthorised or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you must notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge.
- If you request a transaction related to a purchased placed with a participating retailer and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased from our third party merchants, we have no liability for such goods or services, to the extent permitted by law. Our only involvement with regard to such transaction is as a facilitator.
- We may intervene in disputes between users concerning payments but have no obligation to do so.
- Your only remedy for a technical failure or interruption of service is to request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
Lutebox provides a comprehensive library of products from participating retailers available for instant sharing and purchase.
Content will be made available via participating retailers and is subject to each retailer's availability. All purchases made via Lutebox are subject to availability and authority of participating retailer. Lutebox cannot guarantee the availability or pricing at time of viewing.
13. Our liability
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Any liability for loss or damage suffered in connection with the use of our site or any sites linked to it. This includes:
- all loss of any kind, whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation (whether
innocent or negligent) or otherwise;
- direct loss (those that are a foreseeable consequence of what happened, that is to say they could be contemplated by you
and us at the time of you accepting these terms); and
- indirect loss (those that happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us
(such as loss of income, profits, goodwill or opportunity)).
- Nothing above prevents claims for damage to your tangible property.
- Nothing above affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or
fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
1. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of Lutebox.
2. Failure to comply with these terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Lutebox;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution;
- issuing a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable
administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary; and / or
- any such action as we deem appropriate.
3. Upon taking any of the actions listed above, we may notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
4. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are
not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
15. Legal Jurisdiction
You agree to bring any claim against us under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
We retain the right to bring proceedings against you in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
even though the changes may affect accumulated Lutes.
- We will not use this right to make substantial changes to the terms to your detriment without giving you a chance to agree.
- You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you,
however data taken before any changes will not be affected without your individual permission.
- The Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
18. Your concerns
- These terms make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Lutebox, and supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- Any waiver of this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Agreement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition,
or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- This Agreement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIVACY Date of Last Revision: October 24, 2012.
2. Information we may collect from you
- Lutebox Ltd ("we") provide the services and content available on lutebox.com (together or individually referred to as "our site"), and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("theAct"), the data controller is by Lutebox Ltd of 33 Queen Street, City of London. London, United Kindom, EC4R 1AP.
3. IP addresses and cookies
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if (for example) you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Lutebox Ltd, or when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide by using our site. This includes, but is not limited to products that you view, user settings , 'friending' other users, viewing and 'upluting' or 'downluting' content, posting reviews, chat logs and mouse and keyboard input whether or not it appears to have been submitted.
- Your contacts and friends list, and the video, audio and text messages sent between you and your contacts.
- Private information that you grant us permission to collect, and public information, from third party websites. The first time we request access to private information from a third party website, that website will ask your permission to allow us to access the private information. Once you have permitted us access to a type of information from a third party website, your permission will not necessarily be requested again each time we access that same type of information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
1. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate, masked information to our publishers.
2. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A cookie is a text-only string of data that is entered into the cookie file or 'memory' of the browser on your computer. It will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the 'lifetime' of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site
In addition to cookie files, we may also use HTML 5 client side storage, Adobe Flash local shared objects and other methods for identifying and personalising our site.
4. Where we store your personal data
5. Uses made of the information
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will also be securely encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Disclosure of your information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to publish content and data about you and your use of our site to your profile on our site; and
- to notify you about changes to our site.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and these will most likely be in the form of recommendations within the website but could also be in the form of email newsletters.
- Where your data is used to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box situated on the user settings page.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties such as publishers, but we may provide them with aggregate, masked information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 men aged over 25 have obtained their content on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help publishers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in France). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our publishers' wishes by displaying their content to that target audience.
7. Your rights
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Lutebox Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
8. Your Responsibilities
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Visitors under the Age of 13
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not take any action on Lutebox that infringes or violates someone else's privacy, their rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Lutebox.
- You will not tag users or send mass email invitations to non-users without their consent.
10. Access to information
- We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information online from a child under 13 since our website is not directed at children. Any users under 13 must get approval from a parent/guardian prior to submitting information. Users without consent are not allowed to provide us with information.
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Lutebox Ltd of 33 Queen Street, City of London. London, United Kindom, EC4R 1AP. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you
- We will not use this right to make substantial changes to the terms to your detriment without giving you a chance to agree.
- You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you, however data taken before any changes will not be affected without your individual permission.
WHAT IS THE NEW LUTEBOX?
Lutebox is a walkie-talkie shopping application, for both the web and mobile, where you can instantly share products while chatting with family and friends. We're making Lutebox the fastest and most convenient way to share your shopping in real-time. The entire design has been rethought from the ground up, giving you the best possible social shopping experience.
HOW CAN I CHAT WITH FRIENDS WHILE SHOWING THEM PRODUCTS?
Simple. Just choose a product you like, click "Shoptalk", click to add a few friends, and click push-to-talk to leave them an instant voice message. You can also text a message if you choose, but wherever they are they get an instant notification with your product and message immediately.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY PRIVACY?
By default your information is public, but you can easily change this on the settings page.
CAN I UPLOAD PRODUCTS?
You will soon be able to add products to Lutebox or take photos using your mobile device when in-store, and they save automatically to your profile. You will also be able to save great products you find online on other websites using our bookmarklet.
CAN I SELL PRODUCTS?
As a user you cannot sell your products directly on Lutebox, but you can get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have a retail operation and would like to showcase and distribute your products through Lutebox. Additionally you can also embed our Shoptalk button directly on your website.
CAN I USE LUTEBOX ON MY MOBILE DEVICE?
Yes, we are launching our iPhone app very shortly after relaunch and other platforms soon after.
I WANT TO WORK AT LUTEBOX, HOW DO I APPLY?
We'd love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will get in touch.
I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE AT LUTEBOX ABOUT A POTENTIAL PARTNERSHIP, WHO CAN I CONTACT?
If you're a retailer who would like to showcase and distribute your products through Lutebox please email email@example.com
with details. If you're interested in any other potential partnerships then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will get in touch.
I HAVE FURTHER UNASWERED QUESTIONS, WHO CAN I CONTACT?
Please email email@example.com